In IT Tony enjoys listening to music from the 1960's. He also likes doing quizzes about music and the artists from 1950's 60's and 70's.
We sometimes have a music quiz at lunchtime, in which Tony excels.
Below is an example of the type of quiz Tony enjoys - if you like 60's music perhaps you'd like to try it?
Questions for Sixties Music Quiz
1. Which iconic 60's song begins with the lyrics, 'All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown), And the sky is grey (and the sky is
- In 1967, which global sensation belted out the lyrics R-E-S-P-E-C-T?
- Which famous group recorded 'Under The Boardwalk' in 1964?
- Complete the lyrics by The Monkees, 'Then I saw her face, ...'?
- Who had a hit in 1966 with 'It's a Man's Man's Man's World'?
- Which awesome 60's song begins with the lyrics, 'You've done it all, you've broken every code, and pulled the rebel to the floor'?
- Which male artist released a song in 1965 called 'Oh pretty woman'?
- What is the opening line to Dion's 1961 song 'Runaround Sue'?
- Jim Morrison is the lead singer of which American rock band?
- Which member of The Rolling Stones drowned in a swimming pool?
- Who had the best-selling single of 1961 in the US with a song that begins with the lyrics, 'As I walk along I wonder, A-what went wrong with our love'?
- 'I Heard it through the Grapevine' was released in 1968 by which legendary artist?
- Which famous Elvis Presley song includes the lyrics, 'Are you sorry we drifted apart'?
- What is Ringo Starr's real name?
- The Tokens achieved a number one hit in 1961 with their cover version of which song?
- What is the opening line of 'Green Green Grass Of Home' by Tom Jones?
- Which 1968 Beatle's song, written by Paul McCartney, was actually written about John Lennon's son Julian?
- Which female singer released a song in 1967 called 'Big spender?'
- Gerry Marsden is the lead singer of which British band?
- Which fabulous 60s song includes the lyrics 'You think you've lost your love, Well I saw her yesterday, It's you she's thinking of, And she told me what to say'?
Below is a YouTube player which Tony will be updating regularly with clips from the 1960's, 70's and 80's he finds interesting or enjoyable.
'Click' play to view the current clip
Here is some of Tony`s art work he had done over time in the Art Room.